+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We never realize

Post Likes
    I am prompted to write this due to a few post I have read on here lately.

Over the last several months I have came to realize how important each one of are, no matter who you are or what you do.

I have stated before in other posts about hows this year both my mother and my (biological) father have died. When my father passed it was no big deal to me since I did not know the man that well and the last time I saw him was close to 30 years ago. But it really hit hard when my mother at the age of 57 passed away. She had been sick with diabetes, heart disease and other ailments for some time. The past year she was starting to be in pain and in the last few months she wouldn't know what was happening around her, get forgetful and have a real hard time just doing minor daily things. When she passed it was both a blessing and a great loss as she was not only mom but my best friend. I miss her tonight and everyday I think of her.

Even before she passed I knew I had issues but being a man and pigheaded nothing could hurt me. After her early passing I realized I am not invinsible and started having even more health issues. I finally went to the doctors after having chest pains for over a week. Comes to find out I have had several heart attacks, blood pressure was way out of control, 240/130, and several other issues going along with this. I found out my heart was enlarged to 2x the size of it being normal.

I started treatment for all these conditions and the doctors had considered doing double b ypass surgery on my heart and angiplastic on my kidneys as the artereys to them were blocked also.

After being faced with all this I came to realize that I am not invinsable and need to start taking care of myself. I am on several medications to correct these items and I am happy to say it is working. My Chloresterol is done, blood pressure is about normal, and my heart muscles are shrinking back to normal. The weight is coming off, 50# so far with another 50-60 to go.

The reason I am writing this is I see how perfect strangers here on this web site care for others and want to help out in their tim e of need. Just imagine those who know you, those around you every day feel. They may not show it but they care. Just yesterday I had to go back to the doctors for a check up and was late for work. Work had forgotten that I had the appointment and was calling the hospitals around town thinking I had another heart attack and was back in the hospital. These are just people I work with.

With all the kidding we do with each other and all the bad mouthing we do to certain others I have came to realize that most, not all, but most people are just damn good people and care for each other.

I just wanted to say this and let you know that I care for a lot of you guys and even though we have never met face to face I have gotten to know and like you guys and consider you friends.

Now don't take this as being a whacko or something because I have taken my meds already and have a good buzz going right now.

See ya

Post Likes
    Shane .... I think I'm gonna cry.

That was real touching.

I know what ya mean. But for me to sense what your talkin' about ... it took the death of my daughter to make me see things in right perspective.

That was nearly ten years ago now.
    Next week would be her birthday.

I dont believe I am ready to leave this "assignment" yet. I still have projects to serve on.

I am a man with a mission!

thankx for writing that.

Post Likes
    That is touching. Make another bet with that weird guy and kick him off the forum for another week.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 09-17-2005 at 11:50 PM]

Post Likes
    I hope the meds continue to do their job!

Take care of yourself, we still need you!

Post Likes
    This is one strange support group for sure. One night we are telling each other how stupid each other is for their politics or brand preference and the next night we are consuling each other over a personal drama.

I would never have believed people connected only by air waves could become so attached, but boy do we.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    There is a lot of pain in life and it seems like no matter how much we disagree about things which really do not matter( HVAC stuff) hopefuly we can come together when we really need support. Thinking about your own (or espcially your childrens) demize is depressing all we can do is live life to the fullest and cherish the memories we have of the beloved we have lost they would want it that way. My deepest condolences to you all who have lost someone important.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    This is getting too Dr. Phil

Post Likes
    See WH. Now I'm gonna feel bad everytime I call you fat ass. I'm in the same boat. My bp isn't that crazy but my weight gain is getting worse every year. When my son was born I was 150 lbs now 12 years later it's at 238 lbs. Most people say they eat when they're nervous, angry, lonely whatever. I eat because I love food, and sometimes while looking at my 2 kids I think to myself "What the f*ck am I killing myself for."

I think I'll go get a triple whopper and think about this for a while.

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Once i passed 40 i realized i am not invincable anymore.

I am glad you got on the right track, I believe we all could use a little humility.

I am also 50 lbs over weight
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    This is getting too Dr. Phil
    What can we do to ease your pain James?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    Once i passed 40 i realized i am not invincable anymore.

I am glad you got on the right track, I believe we all could use a little humility.

I am also 50 lbs over weight
    Those are the exact conditions that led to my heart attack at 48. I have always had a good ticker and never less then perfect blood pressure, but good living got me.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    No matter how old you are, Its never easy loosing someone you love. loosing my parents was like loosing my right arm. We werent the type of kids that hated our parents or never saw them, They did all they could for us and we were all close with them

A neighbor of mine ( a gen contractor) that has lived across the street for 20+ years just found out he has Lung Cancer
    He knew that he smoked and he has heard the warnings but he couldnt quit
    I dont think he ever realised that Lung Cancer is not cureable
    and to those smokers out there ...it is your death sentence

By the time he had the symptoms, it was already to late to do anything about .

The things this man knows about construction, and the many different things he has done in his life still amaze me . at 60 yrs old , he is just starting to finish the hot rod cars he has had for years,
    he has worked hard and saved for his retirement....
    and now its over........such a waste

we are not invinsable and it is a shame when we dont realise it untill it is to late

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in